Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Half Way Thru the Year!

Holy Smokes! Here it is July and my last post was January. Not a very faithful blogger these days, am I? Really it's not that I haven't been busy. There's just lotsa other things taking up my time. I have been working on my crafting room(s). Seems I am always doing that. Never satified with the way things are arranged. Some day I WILL come upon the perfect setting. Until then, I will spend more time tidying up than actually creating. I go back there fully intent on working on a certain project and get sidetracked onto something else entirely.
Some of this can be blamed on my husband...he's trying to keep me busy. But, now, instead of the weekly trip to Walmart to "pick up a few things" we end up in town at Joann's or Michael's or both. These two rooms are stuffed to overflowing into the hallway and HE thinks I need more stuff! Oh, and of course there is a Dollar Tree by our Walmart so naturally that has become part of the weekly trip. Now, I am a MORNING person. Can you say rise and shine at 3 a.m.? So, by the time we return home, I am completely exhausted and no crafting gets done. Sometimes I just toss the bags into the first room and that's where they stay until the next creative whim hits me. Then, I HAVE to put things away and straighten the rooms before I can start crafting. Vicious cycle, isn't it?
ANYWAY, here are a few things that I have managed to work on lately. Enjoy!

This is a picture frame that I painted white then added foam flowers to it.

This picture frame was decoupaged with designer paper. The blank spot at the bottom will display a plaque for customizing

This is a small suitcase that I crackle painted then trimmed out with lace, flowers, butterflies and pearl trim. The plaque in the middle is an acrylic piece I made with UTEE embossing powder. I added a metallics word "grow" underneath and tied a bow to it.
And, this is Katie's birdhouse! Katie is my 3 year old granddaughter . She told me what she wanted on it and where. I think I having a budding crafter here.

No comments:

Post a Comment